I wake up, shower, brush my teeth, put on moisturizer and Maybelline BB (and maybe a bit of mascara), and I'm out the door. I'm pretty low-maintenance. I dry my hair on the way to work. I'm lucky to be naturally blessed with stick straight hair, so I can air dry my hair (or use my car's heat in the winter).
After I shower, I wash my face in the morning with raw honey (go here to find out why!) and I blow dry and straighten my hair. I live in Texas, which means it's hot most of the year, so I tend to keep my makeup very simple for day to day life. During the summer I wear loose powder (Covergirl Trublend Loose Mineral Powder), bronzer (mark Super Flip Color Kit), mascara (Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared), and Burt's Bees lip balm. I curl my lashes before I put on mascara, and lightly the mascara has dried. During the winter months I sometimes put on tinted moisturizer before I put anything else on. (Clinique Moisture Surge, or a cheaper option, mark Get A Tint)
- I use the Proactive System to wash my face and pair that with Clean and Clear's Morning Glow Moisturizer, I use this sparingly as I do have some oily spots on my face.
- Lotion up so my skin is nice and glowy
- Start on my makeup, which usually consists of a light concealer around the eyes with primer to help wake me up, apply light powder, eye makeup and o-glow, I try to keep a pretty light face. I hate the feel of makeup.
- I usually style my hair last using my CHI straight iron to either go board straight or add in some long loose curls. I will usually use a really light hairspray just to add a little glow, and sometimes just because I like the fragrance.
- Brush my teeth, use some mouth wash, then apply either a light gloss or some chapstick.
- Then I typically use a light body spray, something a little fruity but nothing that will overpower my dear coworkers. Nothing is worse than someone wearing too much body spray/perfume to the office and inducing a migraine.
I start my morning by washing my face with my
In the morning I pair that with Clinique's Acne Solution foaming wash
I follow that up with the toner and lotion from the kit.
(PS. if you suffer from adult acne like me, that kit works amazingly! It's pricey ($50) but it lasts me about 6 months at a time! And it works!)
I follow the cleanse with
-Summer bisque concealer
-a touch of sun bronzer
I spritz my hair with Earthly Body Moroccan oil leave in conditioner: High Tide and comb through.
I let my hair air dry.
I also brush my teeth and stuff, but do you really care about that?
I'm going to be completely honest and say that I am not one of those people that wakes up looking all pretty and rested. Homegirl has bags under eyes, nappy hair and frizzed out eyebrows. Since I work in an office, I tend to wear the full monty of makeup every day. So my routine is using the Clarisonic to clean my face, moisturizer, foundation, bronzer, blush, eye shadow, eyebrow definer, liquir liner, mascara, pencil liner and lip gloss. I've got my routine down to about 10 minutes and it just makes me feel put together all day long.
I always wash my face in the shower with Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. This stuff is amazing. It's an exfoliator, but gentle enough for every day use. It really gets all the dead skin and makeup off and makes my skin feel so good. I follow it up with Biore Blemish Treating Astringent which keeps the blemishes away. If I do have a blemish, I attack it with Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Treatment. This stuff is the holy grail of zit killers. You can apply it 3 times a day and poof, zits are dead! I follow all of this up with a fantastic moisturizer, I use Oil of Olay Active Hydrating or you can use Oil of Olay Complete which has an SPF. After all of that it's time for a face primer (I use VS Pro Airbrush FX Face Primer), my foundation (Benefit Hello Flawless) and the rest of my makeup!
Allison at Moments Like This:
I wake up at the last possible minute to get ready so my routine is very short! I wake up around 6:00 and leave the house by 6:45. Here is what my morning looks like…
- Take the dogs out
- Wash my hair
- Towel dry my hair
- Put gel in hair
- Brush teeth
- Diffuse hair
- Put on make-up
- Decide what to wear
- Get dress
- Change clothes because I don’t like what I am wearing (this happens at least once!)
- Make lunch
- Let dogs out again
- Kiss husband by (wishing I were still in bed with him)
- Leave for work
- Turn around to make sure I closed the garage
- Drive to work while eating my cereal and drinking my Coke Zero on the way
To see other posts from the Pretty Panel, click here.