I recently did a cookie swap with some food bloggers. I made my great grandmother's snickerdoodles, which are a family holiday tradition.
1 c softened butter
2 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
3 c AP flour
4 T sugar
2 T cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375F (350F if convection).
2. Beat butter, add 2 cups sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined.
3. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
4. Add flour, mix well.
5. Cover and chill 1 hour.
6. Roll dough in 1" balls.
7. Mix 4 T sugar and 2 T cinnamon.
8. Roll dough balls in cinnamon sugar mixture.
9. Place 2" apart on ungreased sheet and bake 10 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden.
10. Let cool on wire rack.